Ravenhill Redevelopment Begins Print

 

Mastercraft have commenced formwork on new stands at the famous Ravenhill Rugby Stadium which is owned by the Irish Rugby Football Union. The new stands, the Aquinas and the Memorial End Stands, will be constructed at each end of the pitch.  These stands will boost the seating for another 6,000 spectators increasing the capacity from 11,400 to approximately 18,000.  The stands will also incorporate hospitality facilities, toilets, warm up areas etc.

 

The original Ravenhill grounds were opened in the 1923/24 season and have hosted many international rugby matches as well as Heineken Cup, Ulster Schools Cup, Ulster Towns Cup matches and indeed have hosted a friendly football match between Crusaders and Liverpool FC.

 


Capital funding was awarded to transform the Ravenhill Stadium and make it a more family friendly and inclusive sports ground and is part of an investment package for the redevelopment of a number of sports stadiums, including Casement Park and Winsdor Park. To view Fly Through Video click here.